Today, Red Giant released an update to Universe, which it calls its “collection of GPU-accelerated plugins for editors and motion graphics artists.” The new release, Universe 3.3, delivers two brand new tools:
- Quantum: This new tool creates animated light trails in front of or behind a layer, which can be great for text and motion graphics.
- Modes: This new tool makes it easy to combine layers in entirely new ways using powerful features that go beyond the native blend modes found on an editing timeline. It can also be used in Avid Media composer, which lacks this feature.
The new release also has an update to four current tools in the existing Universe suite: Glow, Glimmer, Chromatic Aberration and Hacker Text tools.
For more information, including pricing, see the press release below.
[[ press release ]]
Red Giant Universe 3.3 Adds Tools for Animated Light Trails and Powerful Blend Modes
Universe 3.3 introduces two new tools, upgrades to several existing visual effects tools, and tons of new presets to get users started
Friedrichsdorf, Germany – August 18, 2020 – Red Giant has just released an update to Universe, its collection of GPU-accelerated plugins for editors and motion graphics artists. Universe 3.3 delivers two brand new tools and an update to four current ones in the existing Universe suite. Visual artists will have access to an even greater selection of dynamic tools for motion graphics with the introduction of Quantum and Modes and as well as the updated versions of the Glow, Glimmer, Chromatic Aberration and Hacker Text tools.
Watch now: What’s New in Universe 3.3
Two Brand New Tools in Red Giant Universe 3.3
- Quantum: This tool creates the illusion of an animated light trail in front of or behind a layer – great for text and motion graphics.
- Modes: Modes makes it easy to combine layers in entirely new ways using powerful features that go beyond the native blend modes found on an editing timeline. For artists using Avid Media composer, Modes will be a game changer.
Updates and Presets
Universe 3.3 includes a total of over 100 new presets for the new and updated tools.
- Glow: Universe Glow now offers inverse-square glow falloff, multi-pass chromatic aberration and the ability to glow a single color channel.
- Glimmer: This update gives users six mono or bi-directional glow streaks with variable intensity and color mapping, an animatable shimmer, variable rotation control, and color maps aligned with Trapcode’s Starglow.
- Chromatic Aberration: This tool now includes control over the focus area, the ability to split the aberration into multiple passes, and chromatic rotation.
- Hacker Text: The popular computer text tool now features customizable random characters and the ability to auto-animate the encryption and decryption.
Learn more about what’s new in Universe 3.3 and how to update on the Red Giant blog.
Red Giant Universe is available as a standalone subscription or as part of Red Giant Complete, the subscription service that gives editors, motion designers and VFX artists all Red Giant tools at one low price – Trapcode Suite, Magic Bullet Suite, Universe, VFX Suite and Shooter Suite. With Red Giant Complete, annual subscribers will have the most up-to-date versions of all tools, saving thousands of dollars over traditional perpetual licenses.
Universe 3.3 Pricing and Availability
- Full Suite: $199 annual; $30 monthly
NEW TO UNIVERSE?
If you aren’t already a Universe customer, you can purchase a subscription or download a free trial at http://redgiant.com/universe.
Universe 3.2 runs on Windows and OS X, and includes over 80 tools that run in:
- Adobe After Effects CC 2017 or later
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 or later
- Apple Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3 or later
- Apple Motion 5.3.2 or later
- Avid Media Composer 8.2 or later
- Magix VEGAS Pro 14 or later
- DaVinci Resolve 14 or later
- HitFilm Pro 6.0 and later
Visit the Universe Compatibility page to learn more about specific versions and OS support.