IBC 2013 Preview – Matrox Mojito 4K – 4K Video Monitoring Card For Adobe Creative Cloud
With 4K cameras now in abundance, it seems odd that very few people are working with the high resolution format for post, mostly due in part to hardware, especially monitoring.
Based in Canada, Matrox Video creates digital video hardware and software solutions for accelerated H.264 encoding, realtime editing, audio/video input/output, streaming, A/V signal conversion, capture/playout servers, channel-in-a box systems and CGs.
At IBC 2013, Matrox Video will be showcasing the new Matrox Mojito 4K quad 3G-SDI, 4K video monitoring card for use with Adobe Creative Cloud professional video editing tools on Windows platforms. Matrox Mojito 4K enables realtime monitoring and output of video footage at resolutions up to 4096 x 2160 and at frame rates up to 60 fps (4Kp60). It is a single ¾-length PCIe card with five full-size BNC connectors directly on the card bracket.
Key features of Matrox Mojito 4K
- 4K (4096 x 2160), QFHD (3840 x 2160), 2K(2048 x 1080), HD and SD output resolutions
- 60 fps frame rate support, even at 4K resolution
- SD, HD and 3G-SDI connectivity per SMPTE 259, 292 and 424/425M Level A and Level B mapping
- 8- and 10-bit YUV output at all resolutions and frames rates
- Up to 16 channels of SDI embedded audio support
- Bi-level and tri-level genlock input
- Single ¾-length PCIe card with five full-size BNC connectors directly on the card bracket
- Highly optimized Adobe Mercury Transmit plug-ins for Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Adobe SpeedGrade
- WYSIWYG support for Adobe After Effects CC and Photoshop CC
“Matrox Mojito 4K offers post-production professionals a fluid editing experience with uninterrupted, true 4Kp60 playback,” said Wayne Andrews, product manager, Matrox Video. “They can accurately judge 4K video content in its native resolution with 1:1 pixel accuracy and 10-bit color precision to craft breathtaking content.”
Matrox Mojito 4K is priced at $1,995 and is now available through Matrox authorized dealers.