IBC 2013 – AJA To Introduce Workflow Products Targeted Towards 4K Production And Post
First off, AJA announced V2Digital, V2Analog, HD10A-Plus and 4K2HD, which are new additions to its range of compact, high-quality Mini-Converters. Each new Mini-Converter offers new features and capabilities for analog and digital workflows across SD, HD, UltraHD (UHD) and 4K.
4K2HD downconverts 4K 3G-SDI to HD-SDI and HDMI 1.4 simultaneously, and is ideal for HD monitoring with 4K cameras. Supporting 4K (4096×2160) and UHD (3840×2160) input signals, 4K2HD enables simultaneous HD-SDI and HDMI output from 4K, downscaled at high-quality to HD. Additionally, a “pixel for pixel” center cut of the original 4K/UHD frame is supported for camera focus checks. 4K2HD also supports the latest 4K/UHD 50/60fps high frame rate input formats, which then output as 25/30fps to HD. The 4K2HD Mini-Converter is highly configurable via the supplied AJA MiniConfig software for Mac and PC.
V2Digital and V2Analog convert analog video to digital and digital video to analog, respectively, supporting HD/SD-SDI and YPbrPr/RGB component or composite. The devices are configurable on USB via AJA MiniConfig software for Mac and PC, and offer 10-bit high-quality conversion in a new compact, low power design.
HD10A-Plus facilitates the high quality conversion of HD/SD 10-bit analog to digital for HD and SD digital workflows. With full bandwidth component HD RGB, RGBS or YPbPbr input, HD10A-Plus features three HD/SD-SDI outputs, SD mode support and internal or external sync input.
Backed by AJA’s 5-year warranty, each Mini-Converter includes a 5-20VDC universal power supply. 4K2HD is available now for $795 US MSRP. V2Digital and V2Analog are available now for $345 US MSRP each. HD10A-Plus is available now for $695 US MSRP.
For more information on AJA Mini-Converters, please visit: http://www.aja.com/en/products/mini-converters/.
Second, they announced a public beta of AJA Control Room, a unified cross-platform software for ingest, playback and output with AJA products across Mac and Windows. With an elegant UI, AJA Control Room supports AJA’s latest desktop I/O products, enabling capture, conversion, playback, VTR control and output. AJA Control Room is available at no cost for all currently shipping KONA cards, Io Express, Io XT and Io 4K.
Key features of AJA Control Room include:
- Capture, playback, and advanced output, for file-based and tape-based workflows
- Support for 4K/UHD and HD/SD on compatible AJA hardware
- Accurate RS-422 VTR control functionality
- Supports both uncompressed and high-quality compressed workflows
- Supports a wide range of file-types and codecs including QuickTime, Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHD, DVCProHD, GoPro CineForm, and DPX
- Available for the latest Mac OS X and Windows based systems
AJA Control Room is available now in public beta as a free download at http://www.aja.com/en/products/software/.
The Ins And Outs
Finally, AJA will also be presenting a preview of the new Io 4K, an evolution of its popular devices for professional video I/O, now updated and customized for Thunderbolt 2 technology and 4K workflows. Io 4K connects to any Thunderbolt 2-enabled device such as the new Mac Pro, and offers an additional Thunderbolt 2 port for daisy-chaining other peripherals such as high-resolution displays and high-capacity storage.
Io 4K will offer a broad range of video and audio connectivity, supporting the latest 4K and UltraHD devices. AJA’s proven conversion technology allows realtime high-quality scaling of 4K and UltraHD to HD. Io 4K will also seamlessly integrates with leading post-production and delivery tools such as Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Creative Cloud, AJA Control Room, Telestream Wirecast 5 and more to be announced.
Key Io 4K features will include:
- Portable 4K/UHD and HD/SD capture and playback across Thunderbolt 2
- Use with the new Mac Pro for video output up to 4K at 10-bit quality
- Backwards compatible with existing Thunderbolt hosts
- 4x bi-directional 3G-SDI
- 4K/UHD HDMI I/O
- Simultaneous SDI and HDMI outputs
- Real time 4K to HD down-conversion for HD-SDI and HDMI monitoring
- 10-bit high-quality 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 workflow support
- Two Thunderbolt(TM) 2 ports support hosting, daisy-chaining of displays, storage and more
- 16-channel embedded audio on SDI
- 8-channel embedded audio on HDMI
- DB-25 analog audio output connector
- XLR 12V power for battery or AC use
- RS422 VTR control, Reference, LTC Input
- Headphone jack and level control for mobile environments
Io 4K will be available when the new Mac Pro ships, via AJA’s global network of resellers.
For more information on all of these products, please visit www.aja.com.